Can’t Join Us For Our Summer Workshops? We’ll come to you!
BREEF also offers school-based professional development including staff meeting presentations, half-day, one and three-day workshops. We provide all resources needed for classroom and field activities. Let us work with your school/department to design an experience specific to your needs.
PD Topics include:
- Marine Ecosystems – Coral reefs, mangrove wetlands, sandy beaches, rocky shores, sea grass beds
- Marine Organisms – Commercial Species e.g. Nassau grouper, queen conch, spiny lobster, land crab; Invasive & Endangered Species e.g. lionfish, sea turtles, sharks
- Human Impact on the Marine Environment – We depend on oceans, climate change, habitat destruction, overfishing, pollution, sustainable fisheries management, marine protected areas
- Using the Natural Environment as a Teaching Tool
- Eco-Schools Bahamas Programme
- Youth Opportunities in Marine Conservation
Location: Your School (New Providence & Family Islands)
Participants: max. 35 persons (water-based activities); unlimited (land-based activities),
Course Credit: Professional Development Units (hours will vary)