Enhance your students’ learning experience with interactive presentations from our BREEF education staff and guest research scientists. Book a stop on our school road show, request a booth for a school exhibition or arrange for a special presentation on a topic of your choice.
School Road Show Prezis
During the school year, BREEF will visit selected schools in New Providence and the family islands to share engaging grade-level presentations on current issues related to school curricula. Our road show topics for 2015-16 include The Bahamas – Shark Sanctuary and Fish for the Future: Save our Nassau grouper. Schools visited on our road show will also receive multimedia learning resource kits and other give-aways.
If you would like your school to participate, please contact BREEF on or before the dates indicated. Spots are limited, so we encourage you book early!
- Fall Road Show (by 25th September, 2015)
- Spring Road Show (by 15th January, 2016)
- Summer Road Show (by 15th April, 2016)
Want a marine conservation or careers booth for your school’s exhibition? No worries! Just let us know what areas or topics you wish to focus on and we’ll get to work to support you.
You can also request a presentation for your class or group. Select your topic and BREEF will deliver a Star Quality Presentation! Topics include:
- Marine Ecosystems – Our blue Bahamas (overview), coral reefs, mangrove wetlands, sandy beaches, rocky shores, sea grass beds
- Commercial Species – Nassau grouper, queen conch, spiny lobster, land crab, stone crab, bonefish, sponges
- Invasive & Endangered Species – Lionfish, Nassau grouper, sharks, sea turtles
- Human Impact – We depend on oceans, climate change, habitat destruction, overfishing, pollution, invasive species, sustainable fisheries management, marine protected areas, careers in marine science
Audience: K-12 schools, tertiary institutions, community & church youth groups
Location: New Providence and selected family islands
Donations are welcomed.
- Requests for classroom presentations and school exhibitions must be made at least 7 working days in advance.
- BREEF receives numerous requests throughout the school year. We do our best to support as many schools as we can. Requests are filled on a first come, first served basis and subject to staff availability.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (242)327-9000 to make a request.