Our Goal: There is greater public awareness and support related to key conservation issues impacting sustainable living in island communities.
BREEF employs a variety of methods to educate and engage adult public stakeholders about the importance of our marine and coastal environments, as well as ways we can use it more responsibly now and for the future. Our awareness and outreach activities include
- a developing citizen science programme
- distribution of educational print materials
- presentations to local and visiting groups
- press releases and newspaper ads
- public events exhibitions
- radio and television interviews and public service announcements
- stakeholder collaboration and training
- web-based and social media outreach
Browse the menu to the right for more about our Ocean Explorer and Blue Flag programmes.
We also engage churches, youth groups, civic groups and support corporate social outreach efforts. Please contact BREEF if you would like for us to give a presentation or participate in your event.