Vacancy: Communications Officer
The communications officer is responsible for BREEF’s public relations and outreach efforts with respect to marine protected areas and other key conservation messages. This includes collaboration with local and international partners, production of awareness materials, media management & press relations and stakeholder engagement. The communications officer will also coordinate BREEF’s member and volunteer activities, and lend support to fundraising and special events. Salary is commensurate with experience.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications or related area; at least 3 years of related experience. Persons with a degree in marine/environmental science and relevant experience in public relations will also be considered.
- Understanding of marine conservation issues in The Bahamas
- Capacity to build good rapport with stakeholders at all levels in Bahamian society; international partners
- Excellent written, listening and oral communication skills
- Creative and innovative in approach to work and problem-solving.
- Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
- Ability to set priorities and organize time efficiently
- Computer literate – proficiency in use of MS Office Suite, web-based and social media.
- Photography, videography and/or graphic arts experience is an asset
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Physically fit – willing to work outdoors; ability to swim and SCUBA qualifications are an asset
- Willing to work flexible or extended hours, when needed
- Available for travel both locally and internationally
Qualified candidates should summit their resume with a cover letter, verification of qualifications and certificates to email@example.com no later than May 13, 2016. Only candidates short-listed will be contacted by phone or email for an interview.